Last Updated on
Changkat Primary School
To instil the love for learning and nurture all-round individuals, grounded by values
Learners with Passion, Citizens of Honour.
How Can You Reach Changkat Primary School?
11 Simei Street 3, Singapore 529896
Social Media Links
Changkat Primary School – Facebook
Admin for inquiries: 6783 0923
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 6784 4740
Unique Programmes and services
- The school’s Learning For Life Programme, SOAR@CKPS(Sports, Outdoor, Athletics, Recreation at Changkat Pr), creates rich learning opportunities and experiences to develop the child physically, mentally and emotionally so that he/she goes on to lead a healthy and active lifestyle. Through skilful questioning, teachers draw out student learning in values and life skills such as problem-solving, communication and teamwork. SOAR@CKP seeks to provide students with a comprehensive sporting and outdoor experience while giving opportunities to those with greater interest and/or aptitude to pursue their strengths and interest further. This is done through a structured PE Program(P1-6), Program for Active Learning(P1-2), Modular Co-Curricular Activities(P3-6) and Co-Curricular Activities(P3-6).
- Learning Fiesta is a week-long event in the school calendar where the various academic departments collaborate to put up engaging learning activities in a carnival-like atmosphere. Technology is leveraged to increase the fun element. Prior to the event, students earn tokens to play at the game stations from their teachers through demonstration of good character traits such as responsibility and empathy.
- Another event popular with students is the annual Social Enterprise Day (SED), where students of graduating classes plan and set up a variety of games and handicraft stalls for their schoolmates (P1-5). SED enables our students to show care and contribute actively to the community; trains our students to be responsible; promotes team work, innovation and enterprise in our students; and provides our students with a safe environment for risk-taking and application of business strategies. Proceeds from the sale of coupons are donated to a charity identified by the student organizers. Past charities include Club Rainbow and Children’s Cancer Foundation.
- Parents’ Testimonials
- “I was in for a surprise when I found that the school is amongst the few schools that has made significant improvements over the years. I started to appreciate how much work the school is putting in to help assimilate the Pre-schoolers into the main stream as compared to some of the more well known neighbourhood schools (K.PO around). Over the next few years, I could see how some of the form teachers’ efforts to let the parents understand the progress of their children and thier involvement with the students after the classes end. Today, I will have no doubt about sending my K2 into this same school next year even if Temasek Pri is nearer to the place that I’m staying. I have absolute confident that my second child will be placed in good hands and benefit as much as my first child.”
- Students’ Testimonials
- “As a student from Changkat Primary School, I must admit that the school provided me with a well-rounded education, which formed a great foundation and steeping stone into my secondary life. In the mere six years, I have gained so much knowledge from my teachers and my peers, which not only helped me ace my results, but taught me much values beyond what textbooks and school curriculum could offer. My times at Changkat had indeed been enriching and enjoying, and I have never regretted my parents’ choice of enrolling me in Changkat Primary over some ‘branded’ school. Therefore, for parents who are having doubts about sending their children to Changkat Primary School, I can assure you, Changkat Primary is indeed a great environment for your child to develop and nuture.”
Changkat Primary School Achievements
- Overall Pass for Merged/Foundation Stream: 100%
- Percentage of pupils qualifying for Express & Express/Normal (Academic): 62.8%
- MOE Service Excellence Award (MSEA) [Silver]
- FairPrice Walk for Rice @ South East [Participation]
- Associate of AST Award
- Customer Excellence Award
- SYF Arts Presentation
- Art – Category A [Recognition]
- Choir [Accomplishment]
- Dance – International [Distinction]
- Ensemble – Guitar [Commendation]
- Teachers’ Day Celebration
- Upper Primary Inter Class Game
- Children’s Day Celebration
- Hari Raya Celebration
- International Sports Game Opening Ceremony
- Learning Fiesta Day
- Lower Primary Inter Class Game
- National Day Celebration
- Buddy Programme
- Meet The Parent
Sports, clubs, and activities
- Art Club
- Tech Club
- Track & Field
- Dance – Modern
- Guitar Ensemble
Be the first to leave a review.