Last Updated On:
Fernvale Primary School
Nurturing a passion for learning, developing diverse talents, fostering hearts to serve
Global Learners of Tomorrow
How Can You Reach Fernvale Primary School?
1 Fernvale Lane, Singapore 797701
Social Media Links
Fernvale Primary School – Home | Facebook
Admin for inquiries: 6315 3051
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 6315 3067
Office Hours: Monday to Friday – 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Unique Programmes and services
- Programme for Active Learning develops social-emotional learning competencies in P1-P2 students through active participation in Sports, Outdoor Education, Speech & Drama and Visual & Performing Arts.
- Morning Wellness Programme, Play@Recess and Sports Club activities build students’ fitness.
- Art Talk for all focuses on understanding and appreciating different art forms.
- Student Leadership, a 3-tiered approach of Self, Team and Thought Leadership targets 3 groups of students, namely classroom leaders, prefects & CCA leaders and prefects at EXCO respectively.
- Camps at P5 and P6 build confidence, resilience and teamwork in students and strong teacher-student bonding.
- The Guided Reading programme for P1-P3 and P5-P6 Foundation students builds varied vocabulary. P4-P6 students use Socratic questioning to develop critical thinking skills, reading the Little Red Dot. Read & Share@Fernvale cultivate a love for reading Mother Tongue books.
- Mathematics trails for all to enhance thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Budding Scientist programme at P1- P2 builds curiosity in Science. Science Talk facilitates inquiry at P4-P6. P6 students conduct experiments and articulate Science concepts to their peers through Busking @Recess.
- The use of ICT in Project Work, classroom activities and learning journeys to develop skills in self-directed and collaborative learning in all students.
- Learning for Life Programme, Greenova nurtures innovative and responsible environmentalists who care and advocate for the environment in school and the community. Our students recycle, reduce food waste and innovate ways to conserve water.
- Parents’ Testimonials
- “My boy is in this school. Fernvale Primary is fairly new, into the 7th year if I’m not wrong. The new principal (former Bukit Panjang Pri principal) took over last year & I personally felt that the changes she’s made has been very positive so far. Few teachers left & in replacement are some very experienced teachers from other schools. Somehow, we felt that the teachers are more “on the ball” now..maybe this principal is more result oriented. My boy is quite fortunate to have a good form teacher this year…He has his fair share of homework daily, more significantly, I realised that his behaviour has changed & is very motivated to excel in his work now. “
- “My child is in P1 fernvale primary. Also enrolled in the school based proteach student care. Been a smooth journey for us so far and of cos for him. he enjoys school though at times whine, wanting to stay at home to play, rather than student care. Thank the man upstairs that he had bond well with friends and teachers. The school based student care helps in preparing them for the weekly spelling and mini tests and also provides enrichment payable at $60 for half a year (if I recall right) Proteach offers a mobile app that greatly enhance communications with parents, from early pick up to signing of forms. Teachers there are also very prompt in their response.”
Fernvale Primary School Achievements
- Singapore Primary Science Olympiad 2017 [Bronze]
- SYF Arts Presentation
- Art – Category B [Recognition]
- Art – Category C [Recognition]
- Dance – Indian [Distinction]
- Ensemble – Guitar [Distinction]
- Ensemble – Guzheng [Distinction]
- Uniformed Groups Unit Recognition
- Scout [Gold]
- SYF Arts Presentation
- Learning Journeys
- P4 Traffic Game LJ @ECP
- P4 Art Museum Based Learning (MBL)
- CCA Leadership Training
- P6 ESCAPE Room
- Children’s Day Celebration
Sports, clubs, and activities
- Art & Craft Club
- Green Club
- Media-Journalism Club
Be the first to leave a review.