Last Updated On:
First Toa Payoh Primary School
To nurture every child to his best
A caring and creative learning community in the pursuit of excellence
How Can You Reach First Toa Payoh Primary School?
7 Lorong 8 Tao Payoh, Singapore 319252
Social Media Links
First Toa Payoh Primary School – Home | Facebook
Admin for inquiries: 6256 7822
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 6256 1102
Unique Programmes and services
- In Literacy through Photography(LTP), which is the school’s Learning for Life Programme, we aim to nurture students to be self-directed and confident learners who are ICT savvy and can articulate their thoughts and inspirations through their photographs. LTP also seeks to develop active contributors who can cooperate and collaborate in teams during the photography sessions and nurture concerned citizens who are able to portray green efforts and raise awareness of the environment through photography.
- The school believes in “Every Student, A Leader” -our guiding principle behind our student leadership programme where we nurture the leadership potential of every child. Our student leadership training programme focuses on equipping our students with the emerging 21st century competencies.
- The school has a structured 6-year Values-in-Action(VIA) programme that engages students in authentic experiences. Leveraging the expanding environment approach to maximise learning impact, the programme allows students to learn progressively from first contributing to their homes, then to the school, and finally to the community and beyond.
- An experiential approach is adopted for the promotion of nature conservation through our Environmental Education Programme- GoGreen@FTPPS. Students learn about Reduce, Reuse and Recycle through hands-on activities, outdoor camps and collaborative programmes with our stakeholders.
- Our Global-Local Exchange Programme aims to give our students a head start in broadening their worldview, developing the ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Parents’ Testimonials
- “FTPS has not disappointed us. After transferring him over, our son became happier and more positive about learning and the students are very kind and friendly- which tells you how nurturing the school is. It might not be seen to be a top primary school but it is a good school that deserves more recognition for the caring and edifying environment & their holistic way of looking at education – preparing the kids emotionally and also scholastically through studies, play and enrichment.”
- Students’ Testimonials
- “I was from ftpps many years ago, its a great place to learn , study, grow up together with all your schoolmates, i would like to thank Ms tan lay cheng, for motivating me . Thank you”
First Toa Payoh Primary School Achievements
- Green Audit Award [Lotus, Hibiscus]
- Green Schools @ Southeast Asia [Excellence]
- SYF Arts Presentation
- Art – Category A [Recognition]
- Art – Category C [Recognition]
- Choir [Accomplishment]
- Dance – Chinese [Accomplishment]
- Dance – Indian [Accomplishment]
- Dance – Malay [Accomplishment]
- Uniformed Groups Unit Recognition
- Boys’ Brigade [Gold
- Brownies [Bronze]
- Girls’ Brigade [Gold]
- Scout [Silver]
- SYF Arts Presentation
- Children’s Day Celebration
- Total Defence Day
- Chinese New Year Celebration
- Teachers’ Day Celebration
Sports, clubs, and activities
- Art Club
- Photography & Media Club
- Green Environment Club
- Speech & Drama Club
- Boys’ Brigade
- Girls’ Brigade
- Traditional Dance
Be the first to leave a review.