Last Updated On:
Gongshang Primary School
We nurture and inspire every Gongshanger to be a Learner with Zeal, Leader with Courage, Citizen with Purpose
Active Learners, Confident Leaders, Gracious Citizens
How Can You Reach Gongshang Primary School?
1 Tampines Street 42, Singapore 529176
Social Media Links
Gongshang Primary School Alumni Association – Home
Admin for inquiries: 6783 1191
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 6788 0004
Unique Programmes and services
- The school’s Instructional Programmes are customised to cater to the needs of our students through a myriad of student-centred approaches and diverse learning experiences focusing on the development of the 21st Century competencies.
- The school’s Learning for Life Programme (LLP), Character Through Sports, is drawn up based on a 6-year progressive programme outcome. It provides all pupils with authentic learning experiences to hone their social-emotional competencies to demonstrate the core values of responsibility, integrity, care, resilience, teamwork and harmony. This is done through 3 domains of learning, namely cognitive, affective and psychomotor. Through experiential and authentic learning, both local and overseas, these domains will be nurtured through the 3 main thrusts, that is, Sports & Games, Outdoor Education and Leadership to ensure pervasiveness and porosity.
- Anchored on the Character Through Sports Framework, the focus is based on a tiered approach, that is, catering to the entire cohort at lower primary (Primary 1 and 2), level-specific customised approach at Primary 2 and 3, culminating to specialised and focused training for identified students at Primary 4 to 6.
- Customised programmes such as the cohort level camps at Primary 4 and Primary 6, Values-In-Action programmes and cross-cultural experiences reinforce the learning through providing opportunities for students to step out of their comfort zone to challenge themselves to be creative thinkers who are independent, resilient, respectful and are able to work collaboratively in teams.
- Parents’ Testimonials
- “My boy enjoys school esp have the freedom to buy drinks, stationery “
- Students’ Testimonials
- “I’m a P6 student from Gongshang.Just wanted to share my views about having your kids in GSPS next year. At Gongshang,we fully emphasize on our school values,and teachers will guide and teach us to embody the Gongshang spirit.From P1 till now,I haven’t regretted being a Gongshanger.I believe many of your kids would love their lessons as our teachers are really kind and patient,especially to those in the special needs.We have a really kind principal as well,who always teaches us meaningful things along the way.Like on Friday when we got our results,she said,”When you head into your secondary school life,wear the Gongshang uniform proudly and make us proud.”From that sentence,it made me even reluctant to leave Gongshang. So far our results have been good,with some students ocassionally scoring a perfect 100 on some subjects,including Maths.Our Maths syllabus is the same among all other schools in Singapore,but it is tougher than nearby schools and even good neighbourhood schools like Tampines North,St Hilda’s etc.We made it tough and challenging so as to tackle hard Maths word problems in upper primary.For P1 and P2 there will be some hard word problems along the way,but as long as you keep on doing and revising your homework and all,you should be getting As all over your results slip.”
Gongshang Primary School Achievements
- SYF Arts Presentation
- Ensemble – Handbell/Handchime [Accomplishment]
- Art – Category C [Recognition]
- Dance – Chinese [Distinction]
- Dance – Malay [Distinction]
- Ensemble – Guzheng [Accomplishment]
- Ensemble – Strings [Commendation]
- Uniformed Groups Unit Recognition
- Scout [Gold]
- SYF Arts Presentation
- GSPS 99th Year Homecoming
Sports, clubs, and activities
- Art Club
- Environmental Science Club
- InfoComm Club
- Media Resource Library
- School-On-Air Rediffusion (SOAR)
- Modular Sports
- Track and Field
- Guzheng Ensemble
- Handbells and Handchimes Ensemble
- Malay Dance
- String Ensemble
Be the first to leave a review.