Last Updated On:
Hong Wen School
Nurturing our young to be leaders of upright character who face the future with confidence and are rooted in Chinese culture
A Happy, Healthy, and Vibrant Learning community
How Can You Reach Hong Wen School?
30, Towner Road (327829)
Social Media Links
Admin for inquiries: 62943340
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Hours:
- Term Time: Monday to Friday : 7.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- School Holidays: Monday to Friday : 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- The General Office is closed on weekends and public holidays
Unique Programmes and services
- Chinese Cultural Programme (CCP) is Hong Wen School’s SAP flagship programme which aims to infuse Chinese Culture into Chinese Language, Physical Education, Art, and Music lessons to nurture students to be ‘Rooted in Chinese Culture.’
- Learning for Life (Sports and Outdoor Education) helps students achieve an active lifestyle, develop strong character, and build social and emotional competencies with its theme “Sports for Character, Sports for All.”
- Learning for Life (Student Leadership and Community Service) has a theme of “Everyone A Gracious LEader who contributes to Society (EAGLES)” which encourages students to lead and serve others through a structured leadership and community service programme.
- Special Student Development Programmes Offered
- Chinese Cultural Programme (CCP) is designed based on the four domains of “Qin, Qi, Shu, Hua” (Music, Chess, Calligraphy, Painting) and infused into the curriculum across all six levels which include Chinese Musical Instruments (Guzheng, Erhu and Chinese Drums), Chinese Chess (Xiangqi, Weiqi), Chinese Calligraphy, Chinese Painting, Speech and Drama, Chinese Tea Appreciation, Chinese Knots and Paper Cutting.
- Learning for Life Programme (LLP 1) consists of level-wide sports activities for all Primary 3 to 6 pupils to learn values, skills, and knowledge. The 4 selected sports are Wushu (P3), Swimming (P4), Frisbee (P5) and Floorball (P6).
- Learning for Life Programme (LLP 2) is a programme where pupils undergo leadership training as well as level-wide leadership workshops and projects.
- Parents’ Testimonial
- “WuShu,Rope skipping.Good in character education.Focus more on chinese culture.”
- “Teachers in HWS are passionate and make learning Chinese very fun. Being a SAP school, they also have alot of activities revolving around Chinese Culture and Traditions, which the kids also learnt and enjoy.”
Hong Wen School Achievements
- 2005 PSLE Results
- 75% of candidates were eligible for the Special/Express courses in Secondary schools (National: 62%)
- The PSLE results for all subjects are above the national average in terms of quality and quantity passes.
- 2005 PSLE Results
- School Distinction Awards – SDA
- Best Practice
- Character and Citizenship Education
- Staff Well-Being and Development
- Student All-Round Development
- Teaching and Learning
- SYF Arts Presentation
- Art – Category C [Recognition]
- Chinese Orchestra – Full Orchestra [Distinction]
- Choir [Accomplishment]
- Dance – Chinese [Distinction]
- Ensemble – Guzheng [Distinction]
- Chinese Calligraphy Competition
- Youth for Environment Week
- Health Outreach Booth for Parents
- Aesthetics Fiesta Week
- Mid-Autumn Celebrations
- Sports Day Carnival
- PROJECT CARE 2019
Sports, clubs, and activities
- Art Club
- Science and Environment club
- Infocomm Club
- Rope Skipping
- Table Tennis
- Chinese Chess
- Chinese Orchestra
- Guzheng Ensemble
- Chinese Dance
- Chinese Drum
- CLC Fortnight
- Temperature Taking Exercise
- Lower Primary Sports Day
- GEP Selections Exercise
Hin Ann Huay Kuan
Be the first to leave a review.