Last Updated On:
One of the most reliable gadgets as a breastfeeding mother is the usage of a manual breast pump. This is because of the age and the day we live in – where mothers also hustle as much as fathers.
Regardless of how busy mothers are, it is important to assure cleanliness and perfect hygiene when it comes to feeding items of the baby. Technically, that includes the usage of breast pumps.
A manual breast pump is perfect for the mother who does not want any problems with charging batteries or taking cords with them everywhere.
How to Take Care of a Manual Breast Pumps
- Always follow what the guide book says. Yes, most people would choose to neglect the guide book, because the manual breast pump looks easy to use. Reading the manual would give the best methods in using and taking care of the manual breast pump.
- After using the manual breast pump, make sure you rinse them right after usage and right before doing anything else. This is to ensure zero possibilities of contamination stains on the breast pump.
- Make sure to separate the pieces of the breast pump that needs to be separated during the cleaning. Not separating the parts of the breast pump may cause these parts to accumulate dirt that could lead to future health problems.
- Never skip the sterilizing – no matter how tired or worn out you are. Always make sure you wash the breast pump with soap, rinse it well and prepare it for sterilization. Breast pumps are very crucial to providing breast milk to the babies, and it is attached to a mother’s breast – it needs to be clean at all costs before usage.
- Avoid wiping and drying the manual breast pump with any form of material – let it air dry. Surely, you would not want any fiber of cloth to stay with the breast pump – which may lead to mixture with the breast milk and consumed by the baby.
- One important step, often overlooked, in cleaning the manual breast pump is making sure that the hands are properly washed, nails are cut and it is overall clean. It is a must that the hands are clean and sanitized whenever the breast pump is concerned.
- Avoid sharing the breast pump with other mothers. This is important in keeping your manual breast pump in perfect condition. It is also regarding hygiene purposes. It is not nice to share something as intimate as breast pumps – regardless of how good they are at keeping things clean.
- Before storing away the manual breast pump, make sure all the parts are attached as needed. This is to avoid missing any parts, and making sure you have all the parts before you store the product. Always keep the breast pump away from the reach of children – in case, they think it’s a toy.
The Manual Breast Pump for You
Medela Manual Breast Pump is the pump for every mom on the go. Especially when batteries are becoming an inconvenience, this is a very portable breast pump that can help you in emergencies. You can let it stand to avoid spills, and it has a soft-touch swivel handle for easy usage and handling.
This Haakaa breast pump is made of medical grade materials to a hundred percent extent. It is also safe for the mother, the baby and the environment. It is the simplest manual breast pump to use, to clean, and to store. The new Haakaa Silicon Manual Breast Pump features a suction base for all the mothers’ convenience.
The Philips version of a manual breast pump is very classy, designed with the sleek edge. It has a soft cushion and ergonomic handle that just exuberates class, silence, convenience and comfort for mothers. It has an angled neck, that is directed at the mother’s breast, making it easy for the mother to pump for breast milk.
It is one of the favorites of mothers! It is very light and portable for taking with you everywhere. It comes in three parts, so you would not worry about a part getting lost or misplaced. It is a great starter for mothers who have never tried breast pumping as well.
This manual breast pump comes with adjusted technology, and a teat and cap. It is also very easy to clean and store. It is made to assist in providing a good pattern when it comes to breastfeeding, and is BPA and BPS free.
If you are new to breast milk pumping, it is a great start to use a manual breast pump. Assure comfort, convenience and reliability when choosing your first pump.
If you are not new to breast milk pumping, you know well how beneficial breast pumps are – especially manual breast pumps. They are always convenient and comfortable to their purposeful extent. And, you do not need batteries for that matter.
Have you found this post on manual breast pump helpful? Let us know by commenting on it. Keep smiling!