Last Updated on
Jiemin Primary School
Nurturing hearts, nurturing minds
Global learners, discerning citizens
How Can You Reach Jiemin Primary School?
2 Yishun Street 71, Singapore 768515
Social Media Links
Jiemin Primary School – Facebook
Admin for inquiries: 6758 6472
Email address: email@example.com
Fax: 6755 9958
Unique Programmes and services
- Our Journalists in Making, an Applied Learning Programme, aims to develop our students in critical thinking, oral and written communication skills and build their confidence to speak and write on any chosen topic at the class, school or community level. Presentations during recess and at school events are platforms to build students’ confidence. Students who would like to learn more about journalism can participate in the Journalists’ Club where they learn more about being a journalist through workshops and platforms like reporting real-time news during school events.
- Through our Learning for Life Programme, Aesthetics Alive, students learn to draw, play instruments, compose songs and appreciate music and art through our structured Art and Music Curricula. Students are also provided opportunities to experiment with different musical instruments and dances during recesses. Students who have a flair for dancing and music can also participate in our Performing Arts CCAs such as Modern Jazz Dance and Angklung Ensemble where more specific skills are taught and students also develop team spirit and leadership qualities.
- To help students make informed choices, P4 to P6 students make use of the ECG portal to find out more about themselves and the type of secondary schools that would be suitable for them. P6 students attend a one-day immersion programme at selected secondary schools to provide students with the opportunity to experience secondary school life and better understand the secondary school curriculum. Career talks and talks by former students are some platforms where our students could find out more about secondary school life and the careers that they are interested in.
- Parents’ Testimonials
- “Jiemin is indeed gaining positive reviews in recent years. Besides incorporating journalism in the curriculum, it has been accredited for music and arts by MOE last year. My hub and I had a good experience doing parent volunteer. If time permits, I would encourage you to volunteer so as to gain some insight of the school too. Based on past and this year records, there is no balloting for being chosen to be a volunteer as well as Phase 2B for PV and grassroots leaders. But there are previous years when balloting was held for SCs residing within 1km from the school. This year, all SCs applicants are accepted. The rest of PRs applicants are rejected.“
Jiemin Primary School Achievements
- SYF Arts Presentation
- Dance – Chinese [Accomplishment]
- Dance – Indian [Commendation]
- Dance – International [Accomplishment]
- Dance – Malay [Accomplishment]
- Ensemble – Angklung/Kulintang [Distinction]
- Uniformed Groups Unit Recognition
- Red Cross [Silver]
- SYF Arts Presentation
Sports, clubs, and activities
- Art Club
- Library Club
- Journalist Club
- Red Cross
- Robotic Club
- Angklung Ensemble
- Dance – Chinese, Malay, Modern
Be the first to leave a review.