Last Updated On:
North View Primary School
A vibrant and caring environment that empowers Northviewans to aspire, grow, and excel
Passionate Learners, Caring Leaders
How Can You Reach North View Primary School?
210 Yishun Avenue 6, Singapore 768960
Social Media Links
North View Primary School – Home | Facebook
Admin for inquiries: 6759 3235
Email address: email@example.com
Fax: 6759 3237
Monday to Thursday – 7.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Friday – 7.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Closed on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
Unique Programmes and services
- Metacognitive developmental programmes are organised through a broad-based approach to develop our pupils into well-cultivated and critical thinkers. This includes the learning of programming concepts through Robotics and investigative problem-solving skills through our Spatial Visualisation programme. Pupils learn and develop a problem-solving thinking disposition through the integration of Future Problem Solving 6-steps protocol and Project Work.
- Besides explicit teaching and reflective learning of values, character development opportunities are created for our pupils through our unique Traditional Arts Character Development programme. Through Calligraphy and Chinese Brush Painting, pupils internalise and deepen their understanding of values while engaging in the respective traditional art forms.
- The school has a structured leadership programme to develop confident and self-directed individuals with a servant leadership disposition. All pupils undergo a school-based personal leadership programme in their 6 years with the school. Skills-based development programmes are further mounted for different segments of student leaders to equip them for their functional roles and leadership.
- To help our students deepen their dispositions for lifelong learning, our LLP, “Every Pupil a Confident Performer”, provides a broad-based exposure to the Performing Arts. Our pupils learn progressive skill sets to build up their confidence and poise, such as body movement, gestures, speech and song on stage through a mix of curricular and co-curricular activities. The 6-year development programme culminates in a musical put up by our Primary 6 classes.
- Parents’ Testimonials
- “Great staff my daughter really enjoys it nice teachers and friends”
- “My son loves school. I am so thankful for teachers that care for their students and have excellent patience”
- “My children went to school there and now my grands. I love Northview! Great neighborhood and school”
North View Primary School Achievements
- 2008 PSLE Results
- Overall pass rate improved from 96.1% in 2007 to 96.9% in 2008.
- Higher Chinese: percentage of distinctions (31.8%) far exceeded the national average of 18.2%.
- English and Malay language: maintained quality passes.
- 2007 PSLE Results
- 100% Passes for Merged Stream.
- Top Pupil: Shiang Chen Ting (268)
- 2008 PSLE Results
- Development Award: Character Development, National Education
- SYF Arts Presentation
- Art – Category B [Recognition]
- Choir [Accomplishment]
- Dance – Chinese [Distinction]
- Dance – Indian [Accomplishment]
- Dance – International [Distinction]
- Ensemble – Guzheng [Distinction]
- Uniformed Groups Unit Recognition
- Boys’ Brigade [Silver]
- Girls’ Brigade [Gold]
- Scout [Gold]
Sports, clubs, and activities
- Boys’ Brigade
- Girls’ Brigade
- Cub Scouts
- Creative Hands
Be the first to leave a review.