Last Updated on
St. Andrew’s Junior School
Making lives, Waking hearts
To serve the coming days
Family Society Eternity
St Andrew’s Village
Home of servant leaders who bring life to the nations
How Can You Reach St. Andrew’s Junior School?
2 Francis Thomas Drive, Singapore 359337
Social Media Links
St Andrew’s Junior School – Elementary School | Facebook
Admin for inquiries: 6288 4303
Email address: SAJS@moe.edu.sg
Fax: 6289 5242
Unique Programmes and services
- Our ALP has been endorsed by MOE since 2014. Each ALP programme aims to develop our students’ creative thinking skills and community building skills. The programme for each level is as follows:
P1 – Saints as One Family Unbroken
P2 – Saints as part of the Potong Pasir Community
P3 – Saints as Green Ambassadors
P4 – Saints as One Family Unbroken
P5 – Saints Honouring Pioneers in our Community
P6 – Saints as Entrepreneurs who Bless the Nations
- The Programme for Active Learning (PAL) has been part of our P1 and P2 curriculum since 2012. It takes place on Friday mornings. It emphasises learning through hands-on experiences, having fun and enjoyment in the learning, and ongoing opportunities for peer interaction and self-discovery. PAL provides a broad exposure of experiences to our pupils in the 4 domains: Sport & Games, Outdoor Education, Performing Arts and Visual Arts. Our boys work in groups to enhance their social skills.
- In Sports & Games, our boys explore and experience movement in a group setting using animal themes.
- In Outdoor Education, they explored the outdoor landscapes around the St Andrew’s Village, experienced navigation and building tents before enjoying a topographic game at the nearby Bishan Park.
- In Performing Arts, they explored sounds and rhythmic movements and experienced performing to their classmates.
- In Visual Arts, they explored age-appropriate art forms and express their creativity in a group setting.
- The Servant Leadership Programme: All boys are given opportunities to assume a role in the class committee from P1 as part of the servant leadership training. Some of these boys will also assume the role of junior leaders in P4 and move on to the Prefects and Prefect EXCO in P5 and 6.
- Parents’ Testimonials
- “No need to convert to christian, don’t worry. Their mission is more for character building not result oriented. I personally think that single sex school for very young children is ok, and is better. It had a swimming pool in the school and all boys will need to go for swimming lesson from P3 onwards as one of the PE lesson. I do favour this school as I am not those who will push the children very hard in study, I want them to be independent from young in study, so I leave everything to them. I never teach them at all as I am also working mom. However, they don’t score super marks but able to pass from band 1 to 2 result.”
St. Andrew’s Junior School Achievements
- SYF Arts Presentation
- Band – Concert [Accomplishment]
- Art – Category A [Recognition]
- Choir [Accomplishment]
- Uniformed Groups Unit Recognition
- Boys’ Brigade [Gold]
- Scout [Gold]
- SYF Arts Presentation
- Saints’ Awards Ceremony
- Graduation Tea Party
- Immersion Trips
- Entrepreneurship Day
- Mentoring Programme
- Partner’s Appreciation Breakfast
- Saints Arts Mania
- Prefects’ Rally
- Chinese Day Celebrations
- Dialogue Session with MOA CIO
- St. Andrew’s Heritage Trail
- Cyberwellness Week
- International Friendship Day
- Saints’ Learning Festival
- Saints Games Day
- Chinese New Year Celebration
- Parents Dialogue Session
Sports, clubs, and activities
- Sports Club
- Chess Club
- Eco Club
- Media Club
- Visual Art Club
- Boys’ Brigade
The Anglican Diocese of Singapore
Be the first to leave a review.