Last Updated On:
Tampines Primary School
To nurture life-long learners of good character
An Icon of Excellence, To Value and Be Valued
How Can You Reach Tampines Primary School?
250 Tampines Street 12, Singapore 529426
Social Media Links
Tampines Primary School – Singapore – Elementary School
Admin for inquiries: 6783 1190
Email address: email@example.com
Fax: 6784 3521
Unique Programmes and services
- Bi-Cultural Programme aims to deepen pupils’ proficiency in the language through exposure to Chinese Literature.
- Play@Work is the integration of Science in lower primary English lessons aims to spark interest and curiosity of Science phenomenon in the pupils.
- Scientist@Work – With Scientific inquiry as our main pedagogy, Science is taught using the 5E instructional model. Strategies like role-playing, problem-solving, investigating and cooperative learning are employed. The importance of ethics of a Young Scientist is impressed unto the pupils.
- Senior & Junior Olympics provides pupils with authentic opportunities to demonstrate and develop character aligned with the spirit of Olympism. Pupils apply skills and attitudes learnt throughout the year as they participate in inter-class competitions.
- STAR ACTtituDE ( Strengths, Talents, Aspiration and Resilience to achieve A Character Turnaround and Transformation inspired through Drama in Education) is the school’s Learning for Life Programme. Through creative play and stimulation of the imagination, pupils will graduate with confidence in creating, performing and responding.
- TPS Spring seeks to inculcate life skills in pupils through an awareness of the environment and the community that we live in. The activities are customised for different levels.
- LaSER is a specialised, customised Primary 1 literacy intervention programme initiated by the school to address literacy skills of P1 pupils who scored poorly in the national School Readiness Test but are not identified for the Learning Support Programme (LSP).
- School-based Dyslexia Remediation (SDR) Programme is a structured, multi-sensory and explicit teaching evidence-based strategy.
- Parents’ Testimonials
- “My DS is currently in P3 of TPS. I will be enrolling my DD in the same sch in few mths time. I think the sch put more emphasis on character building and joyful learning proces. DS always look forward to sch opening during the sch holiday.”
- Students’ Testimonials
- “Im a student that graduated in 2010 and I have to say this is the best school ever. The teachers were all caring and understanding and they are all willing to go the extra mile for the students. During my year, they held extra lessons on saturday to prepare us for PSLE. I came to this school as a foreigner in primary 2 and the following year, I got promoted to tbe best class and I stayed there for the rest of my time in tps. On overall, my class did pretty well for the PSLE and some of them got into top schools such as hwa chong, Dunman High, Anglican High, Nus, Raffles girls and Chung cheng high. I kinda slacked off so I did not do as well as them. Still, im really thankful that the school helped me to improve and also manage my own personality. This is definitely one of the top schools in tampines”
Tampines Primary School Achievements
- SEC-Starhub School Green Awards [Vanda Miss Joaquim]
- Community in Bloom [Silver]
- SIngapore SOKA Association – Partnership Award [Commendation]
- CDAC Partner Award
- National Arts Education Award [Bronze]
- School Distinction Award
- Best Practice: Teaching and Learning, Character and Citizenship Education, Student All-Round Development, Staff Well-Being, Partnership
- SYF Arts Presentation
- Art – Category A [Recognition]
- Art – Category C [Recognition]
- Choir [Accomplishment]
- Dance – Chinese [Distinction]
- Dance – Indian [Distinction]
- Dance – Malay [Distinction]
- Ensemble – Guzheng [Accomplishment]
- Uniformed Groups Unit Recognition
- Scout [Bronze]
- Camp for Friends
- International Friendship Day
- Safer Internet Day
- Soka University
- Total Defence Day
- TPS Superstars
Sports, clubs, and activities
- Digital Media Club
- I & E Club
- Olympics Club
- Art Club
- Basketball (Boys)
- Football (Boys)
- TPS Theatrics in Action
- Dance – Chinese, Indian, Malay
Be the first to leave a review.