Last Updated On:
Zhonghua Primary School
Ignite Passion For Learning, Nurture Strength of Character.
A Learner. A Thinker. A Leader.
How Can You Reach Zhonghua Primary School?
12 Serangoon Avenue 4, Singapore 556095
Social Media Links
Zhonghua Pri Sch – Singapore – Elementary School | Facebook
Admin for inquiries: 6283 5413
Email address: email@example.com
Fax: 6283 5414
Unique Programmes and services
- The school’s Lifelong Learning Programme (LLP) is in Environmental Education (EE). Through this, pupils are exposed to progressive level-appropriate learning of EE issues integrated with the learning of leadership skills, values and community involvement.
- The school has embarked on a concerted effort to design for active learning involving deep thinking and collaborative learning supported by ICT. It is currently working with educational partners on a project called “Making the Invisible Visible In Science (MIVIS)” where collaborative and inquiry-learning pedagogical approaches are used in P3 Science lessons supported by the provision of mobile devices. Through the project, which will be scaled to other levels and subjects, the school hopes to strengthen 21st-century competencies in students.
- A differentiated and targeted approach is adopted to help pupils with various learning profiles. High-progress pupils go through enrichment programmes such as Literature Alive and Maths Stretch. Pupils with learning difficulties and special needs are assisted by Remediation, Reading Remediation Programme (RRP), School-based Dyslexia Remediation Programme (SDR), Improving Confidence and Achievement in Numeracy (ICAN) programme, AED-supported pull-outs and Morning Extensive Reading.
- PERI Holistic Assessment approaches have become de rigueur at P1 to P6 levels, providing timely and useful feedback for students to work on improvement areas. The school also organises a Mid-Year Student-led Parent-Teacher Conferencing to enable students to reflect on and communicate their progress to parents.
- To allow students to explore learning beyond their textbooks, the school organises Inter-Disciplinary Project Work for the P5 and P6 students. These are intentionally linked to the school’s LLP of EE and our CCE intent to make students socially responsible.
- Parents’ Testimonials
- “after visiting the school, i realise that actually the school is not bad. the principal is very good. heard he is the founding principal of tanjong katong primary. i was shown the back gate.”
- “My son loves to go school. I like the school’s proximity to home. School facilities is quite old.”
- “my gal is in P1 also. she looks forward to going to school. they have “fruit day” on fridays wherein kids are given a fruit on that day to encourage healthy eating. before the start of the school year, there were chinese preparatory classes done for a couple of weeks. vey helpful for us non-mandarin speaking folks.”
Zhonghua Primary School Achievements
- Good Progress Award for the Chinese Language
- National Tamil Spelling Bee Competition 2017
- Finals at National Level
- Friends of Singa 2016
- SEC-Starhub School Green Awards (SGA) 2016
- North East District Environment Award 2016
- Indian Dance Performance at the Ministry of Health
- SYF Arts Presentation
- Art – Category B [Recognition(Sm)]
- Choir [Accomplishment]
- Dance – Chinese [Accomplishment]
- Dance – Indian [Distinction]
- Dance – Malay [Distinction]
- Uniformed Groups Unit Recognition
- Scout [Gold]
- Total Defence Day
- Language and Cultural Camp
- Tiny Moment that Matter
Sports, clubs, and activities
- Art and Craft Club
- Green Club
- Multi Games
- Sepak Takraw
- Dance – Chinese, Indian, Malay
Be the first to leave a review.